Today is World Cancer Day, a day dedicated to raising awareness of cancer and its prevention. Did you know that 30-50% of all cancer cases can be prevented by a healthy diet and lifestyle? Here are 5 things you can do today that will improve your overall health and wellbeing and help to lower your cancer risk:
1. MAINTAIN A HEALTHY WEIGHT. Cancer risk increases as your weight increases. Building regular physical activity into your lifestyle is one way to keep your weight healthy.
2. EAT A VARIED DIET with plenty of fruit and vegetables, modest amounts of animal protein and limited amounts of processed and cured meats, alchol, sugar and unhealthy fats.
3. MONITOR YOURSELF, do not ignore any unusual changes and always attend screening appointments.
4. QUIT SMOKING. Smoking reduces the amount of oxygen in the body and introduces harmful toxins into the body which damage cells and promote cancer in the process.
5. MANAGE STRESS by creating non-negotiable time to switch off and relax.
So which of these will you start working on today or this week? Let me know in the comments section.
Get professional and effective support and accountability to boost your efforts. Book your complimentary health and wellness coaching session with me.