Productivity has nothing to do with how busy you are. More and more, I’m consciously scrutinising my activity and reflecting regularly on whether I am actually being productive or simply busy for the sake of it.
I daresay that the busier you are, the less productive you will be. When faced with the option to be involved in a myriad of things I remind myself that I am firstly a human being, not a human doing.
This philosophy has enabled me to streamline my activities, enhancing my productivity in the process.
I also recognise that the key to being productive lies in daily routine and so, here are some tips I’ve found helpful in having a productive rather than just a busy day:
- Embrace the day, choosing to move from a TGIF (Thank Goodness It’s Friday!) mentality to a TGIT (Thank Goodness It’s Today!) mentality.
- Be a problem solver and tackle a problem bigger than you.
- Do three things that take you outside your comfort zone.
- Decide to be of service to somebody every day, especially someone who can’t repay you.
- Encourage everyone you meet.
- Be thankful for what you have.
- Ask for help when you need it.
Angela Wants To Know: Which of these will you put into practice today to help you become more productive? Let me know how you get on!